Sunday, August 7, 2005
- Sunday DUMBO Amble
- Excerpt: We went for a walk this afternoon, down to DUMBO. Ostensibly to go to the Tiger Beer Singapore Chili Crab Festival but mostly just to take an amble through the neighborhood. First we walked down Hicks Street past the Ice Cream Cone Face thing: Lisa noticed this a couple months ago. It may have been there forever, or it may be a couple months...
Sunday, November 20, 2005
- Little shivs want words, pushed it right back
- Excerpt: Woke up this morning to a bright, clear day in Cambridge. Took Frisket out for a long rambling walk along the river into Kendall Square and around the neighborhood east of Kendall. Today's earworm was about three lines from Harborcoat by R.E.M. I made the mistake, just before leaving, but with Harborcoat sort of rambling in my head, of looking up the lyrics online....
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
- Drive by Tuesday
- Excerpt: We arrived back from Washington late yesterday afternoon. The drive was uneventful aside from a detour around an accident which shut down (allegedly) I-95 in Maryland. Frisket charmed everyone in D.C. If I figure out how to transfer pictures from the Motorola RAZR I switched to I'll post some updated pix of her at Lafayette Park. Coding on dripldu continues apace. Nothing functional yet,...
Monday, January 2, 2006
- Happy New Year 2006
- Excerpt: We spent the weekend in Amagansett. Mostly so that Frisket did not claw me to death during the expected fireworks display. We watched My Architect (IMDB, Amazon, Netflix) on my friend Jon's recommendation. Good movie, it felt a little bit long, but there's lots of ground to cover and it could easily have been longer. It tells the story of the American architect Louis...
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
- Wednesday Morning Ramblings
- Excerpt: Am trying out the Windows version of ecto. The Mac version supports rich text editing...I've either turned it off on the Windows version or it's not supported. It's a neat application...am looking for something I can use to write more. I hate using MS Word, but want something a step up from microemacs. I finally figured out a metaphor for dripldu...I am going to...
Sunday, January 22, 2006
- Excerpt: We ate a delicious dinner tonight at The Stanton Social, after a quick drop by at Helen Mariënto pick up a new bag. We had oysters, a nifty spinach and corn salad, potato pierogies, a Kobe beef slider (which I had to follow up with two pulled pork sliders, I'd forgotten how small they were), French onion soup dumplings, and butternut squash and pumpkin...
Saturday, January 28, 2006
- Excerpt: Woke up in the morning, walked the dog, waited for the plumber to arrive to replace the hot water heater. Waited. Patiently, waited. Plumber arrives, spends next three hours replacing 16 year old heater. I pack. Clean. Get nervous about time it's taking to replace heater (unreasonably, I'm sure). Plumber leaves. Old heater left on parkway. Expect ticket from NYC-DOS on returning from Miami....
Friday, February 24, 2006
- Random bits for 20060224T0000Z
- Excerpt: The Shake Shack reopens 21 March 2006. The website includes a countdown clock for those who wait in earnest for their next custard. Ooh, wait, they've included a Blog this link: I know that by the time this was posted, or you are reading it, it is not midnight UTC as written in the title. Lisa and I went to an event called NextNY...
Monday, July 24, 2006
- Only buildings no people prophecy
- Excerpt: Todd Watson was in town over the weekend, staying here at Chez Frisket. Took him to the Mets vs Astros game yesterday (Todd claims he would be happy if the Mets or Astros won since he's bi-metropolitan, the Mets won). Afterwards we had a birthday dinner for Turbo at Pastis. It seemed we all had (and enjoyed) the Steak Frites. We had a round...
Friday, November 17, 2006
- A possible reason for Lenovo's troubles
- Excerpt: Wherein I whine about Lenovo's outdated web ordering system, caution readers that planning for my big stupid birthday next year has begun, and advise of recent purchases at the Palisades Center Mall
Friday, January 12, 2007
- Verbs and Nouns for your Friday Morning
- Excerpt: I'm returning to Boston today to pick up Sailor (that's pick up Sailor, not pick up a Sailor). We've bought a bunch of toys and figure we'll go on a shopping spree over the next couple of days as we figure out what she does and does not like. We have already been warned that she enjoys shredding toys. Frisket has stealthily hid her...
Sunday, January 21, 2007
- Walking the dogs
- Excerpt: Took the dogs on what I thought was maybe a three km walk yesterday, however punching it into the always excellent Google Maps Pedometer site I discovered it was closer to 5½ km:...
Friday, June 29, 2007
- Last Friday of June 2007 Random Notes
- Excerpt: Eh, nothing substantive here, move along.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
- Excerpt: * I neither bought nor read the latest Harry Potter book, keeping up a tradition going back a decade. * Still slogging through the after-effects of moving, unboxing various boxes and throwing much stuff away. * I decided I no longer needed the ticket stub from U2's 1984 appearance at the Aragon, or the stub from Yes' appearance at Poplar Creek in 1983. *...
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
- Dear Google: Please Update Your Map for I355
- Excerpt: Your correspondent notices that Google/Navteq have failed to add the extension to I-355 in Illinois even though it's been open a month and was under construction for some years.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
- Items of note for May 2011
- Excerpt: We’re in San Francisco! Until mid–July. Sort of a mini–assignment for Lisa at her employer down in Mountain View. We’re living just around the corner from Moscone Convention Center at a complex on Folsom at Third. If you’re in the area drop me a line or @epc me on twitter. To get here I drove cross–country from the 27th of April until the 7th...