- I might as well concede the point that I'm not writing here that much, sorry. This is your monthly post.
- I am flying to the Bay area on Thursday for a long weekend. Lisa is working in/around Mountain View, San Francisco, and Seattle over the next ten days. I think we're planning on just a quiet weekend in San Francisco but would be interested in hearing from people.
- Tag me annoyed: I copied all of my iTunes-ripped mp3s over to a backup drive for my thinkpad and discovered that at some point iTunes ceased putting the id3 tags into the mp3s. That is, of 16000+ plus tracks, 3000+ tracks ripped in the recent (maybe year, I don't know the related iTunes release) past have no id3 tag information in the file, or maybe have the Artist but not Title or Album. The information is all in the relevant iTunes Library file on the Mac, but no longer in the file itself. Drastically reduces the utility of using iTunes to manage an mp3 library shared across many devices. Mistake or attempt at lock-in by Apple?
- Although our 2002 MDX continues to perform well and get decent mileage (for an SUV), we are in the process of getting a new car, a new SUV actually. We went around and around looking at our options and given how infrequently we drive, and how far we drive when we do drive, we kept coming back to small-size SUVs as having the most room to cart the dogs + luggage. We're getting a hybrid, which will assuage our liberal guilt (not really: we drive less in a month than most people outside NYC drive over a couple of days).
- Pending the new car purchase, I'll be making my one long-distance drive for the year: out to Illinois and back, likely in the second half of June. I plan to take the dogs for a walk down The Cut in Pittsburgh on the way out, and around Presque Isle on the way back (including stops in Denham, IN and Chicago, IL amongst others).
- The dogs have been well, mostly. They provide most of the content here lately so they better be well. Frisket has had some "digestion" issues but it's not clear if this is something new or a recurrence of what we went through her first couple of years. And no, I won't go into details.
- I voted for Hillary in the NY primary, gave the campaign money on multiple occasions, but have to say, her campaign has managed to do, say, act in every possible way to turn me off her since then. Enough. Peace. If the only way she can win is to apply the rules of calvinball to the primary process, then it's time to call it a day.
- I thought I've have something more interesting to write but instead I'm going to take the dogs for their afternoon walk around DUMBO.
I click on every John McCain ad I see.
A great recut trailer for Ferris Bueller's Day Off with music from Requiem for a Dream blended in.
Being the perfect Catholic Schoolboy, I never played hooky from high school (well, never got caught if I did, not that I’m admitting anything).
Had I played hooky (does one actually
play hooky?), it was not even remotely as fun or interesting as Ferris Bueller’s day off, though I may have (hypothetically) gotten in an afternoon Cubs game.