Friday, December 3, 2004
- I'm shocked, shocked the website crashed: Online gremlin scuppers M&S sale
- Excerpt: In BBC NEWS | Business | Online gremlin scuppers M&S sale, the Beeb writes: Marks & Spencer suffered a blow to its "Christmas spectacular" on Thursday after a glitch on its website left customers unable to place orders.. Of the problem, M&S' response: M&S blamed "unprecedented traffic to the website because of the Christmas spectacular" for the problems with ordering on the website.. Also...
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
- epcostello.net v3
- Excerpt: So, I got off my duff and finished the redesign I've been working on since August 2004. There's bits that need to be completed still but I think this is what I'm going to go with for awhile. I played with a couple of different layouts and ended up with this, mostly because HTML is not a layout language, and CSS implementations across browsers...
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
- Well, that was stupid
- Excerpt: In the course of doing some minor site maintenance work last night, I left in an extra ,OR in a RewriteCond statement in the root .htaccess file for this site. The side effect was to block access to the entire site for the day. Doh! See, I'd deleted a number of the lines that caught various referer spam and affiliate spam hits but did...
Sunday, February 12, 2006
- Les XX Jeux Olympique d'Torino
- Excerpt: The Olympic Games are back...I don't plan to watch any events except by accident. When you're in the thick of the Games it seems like there's nothing else going on in the world. It's been six years since my last Games and it's just...eh, there's more interesting things to do. At least in Sydney the TV coverage was a little more balanced (Aussie...
Friday, November 17, 2006
- A possible reason for Lenovo's troubles
- Excerpt: Wherein I whine about Lenovo's outdated web ordering system, caution readers that planning for my big stupid birthday next year has begun, and advise of recent purchases at the Palisades Center Mall
Sunday, November 26, 2006
- Error: Error is currently unavailable
- Excerpt: Wherein a search engine gives a helpful error message back.
Monday, April 16, 2007
- Easter 1997
- Excerpt: A long rambling essay about April 1997, involving a trip to Denham, Indiana, Tiger Woods, Garry Kasparov, and a collection of webmaster reminiscences.