Monday, March 27, 2006
- Excerpt: Desmond Doss has died at the age of 87. A conscientious objector, nevertheless he served in the Army in World War II as a medic. During the Battle of Okinawa he rescued approximately 75 wounded soldiers while under fire, resulting in a Congressional Medal of Honor. More: Lauded Conscientious Objector Desmond T. Doss Sr., Burial Set April 3 At National Cemetery For Medal Of...
Friday, February 23, 2007
- 24 Hours Without a Computer?
- Excerpt: Could you shut down your computer for 24 hours? Could you shut down all of your technology gadgets for that long? I will try, it will somewhat easy as I'll be in Las Vegas that weekend (though if I'm truly participating I guess I can't play the slot machines, I'll have to make my donations via the craps and blackjack tables)....
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
- My take on the potential NYC Taxi "strike" next week
- Excerpt: Allegedly, NYC taxi drivers will go on strike next week. My response: a consumer strike against taxi drivers: no tips, give me the damn receipt, and I'll report your ass to the TLC if you are even remotely hostile to me.