Friday, November 21, 2003
- Wells Fargo Client Data Theft
- Excerpt: A simple theft nets Wells a world of woe Break-in behind bar puts clients' data at risk. Apparently Wells Fargo outsourced some customer related activity to a consultant. This task included handing over customer data like account numbers, social security numbers, etc. The computer containing this data was stolen from the consultant's office! This is bad enough, except that we're customers of Wells Fargo....
Tuesday, March 2, 2004
- New US $20 bills contain RFID chips
- Excerpt: This may be urban legend, I don't have a spare $20 lying around to try this with, but allegedly RFID Tags in New US Notes Explode When You Try to Microwave Them: So we chose to 'microwave' our cash, over $1000 in twenties in a stack, not spread out on a carasoul. Do you know what exploded on American money?? The right eye of...
Tuesday, February 1, 2005
- The ACLU Pizza Movie
- Excerpt: Via Jon Udell: ACLU Pizza memeflow, a link to the ACLU Pizza movie: Ordering Pizza in the near future....
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
- Elsewhere: Little privacy hole in itp32.exe
- Excerpt: I had an odd thing happen while trying to register a copy of Lotus 1-2-3. Read about it here: Little privacy hole in itp32.exe...
Sunday, November 27, 2005
- Ten Privacy Protection Tips from EPIC
- Excerpt: A link to EPIC's top-ten privacy protection tips and my comments on why personal data protection has become a problem in the last few years, and a tout for John Brunner's The Shockwave Rider at Amazon.com.