Thursday, September 13, 2001
- NYC Landscape 970901
- Excerpt: Photo of the Lower Manhattan (NYC) skyline from September 1, 1997.
Sunday, June 27, 2004
- A guerrilla historian in Gotham
- Excerpt: A guerrilla historian in Gotham
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
- Ground Zero is for tourists
- Excerpt: In Ground Zero is for tourists, Clive Thompson writes: Though most out-of-towners don't realize it, New Yorkers don't visit Ground Zero very often. On the contrary, many have avoided going near the site — and they have dim opinions of the crowds that congregate there. (via Misha)....
Saturday, January 15, 2005
- Bond St Gets Repaved
- Excerpt: There are several streets in the NoHo area around The NoHo Star which still have their 19th century paving stones. Well, some stones. Kind of patchy. But it's the tail end of Bleecker, Bond Street, and Great Jones Street (I don't know why but I've always wanted to have an address on Great Jones Street. Not an actual office or residence, just the address)....
Wednesday, February 9, 2005
- A Random Act at 30th and Madison
- Excerpt: <p>
On the way to the computer place (Madison Ave Computers) I saw a bike messenger riding south on Madsion take a quick turn onto 30th.... I assumed I was going to see what happens when a phone meets a Michelin but no, a delivery truck stopped before riding over the phone. As horns honked, the cyclist ran back and retrieved the phone from under the van.
Sunday, November 13, 2005
- NY1 needs a copy editor
- Excerpt: The NY1 web site has been useless for the past several days, unresponsive to various browsers or even a simple HTTP/1.0 check. This afternoon I finally load it and see: . It's Pay to Pray, though given recent problems with various faiths' ministers, perhaps it wasn't a mistaken spelling....
Friday, November 3, 2006
- 2006 NYC Marathon Prep
- Excerpt: p. Once again we're doing tissue/kleenex duty at the mile 14 water station on the ING New York City Marathon. We missed out last year for reasons I don't remember, otherwise I've done it every year since 2001 and I think Lisa did it earlier. p. I've been doing some prep work: this year the NYRR has posted a nice arrival times chart and...